November 27, 2009

Giving Is Awesome II


{Linda Hill, last years Giving is Awesome recipient - single mother of 7 amazing children, four time Cancer survivor, founder of SoMuchMore - humorous tshirts for cancer patients, where $2.00 from every tshirt sold is donated to cancer research}

Last year I joined with photographers worldwide in a simple effort to give back to our communities. In 2008, photographers donated $565,000 worth of photography to deserving families around the world who could otherwise not afford their services. Amazing! This year their goal is to donate $1,000,000 worth of photography. I am honored to say that I will be participating in this effort again this Christmas season.

Why? Because I love what I do, but I know not everyone can afford custom photography....

So here's the same spiel from last year with this year's details...

You know someone. You know someone who's experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. You know someone who can't afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family's spirit, love, and beauty.

You know someone. I guarantee it.

I want to know who they are, and I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography -- $1000 worth, to be exact. Oh, and the best part? The person who nominates the winner receives a $500 gift certificate towards a photo session. What better reason to show some love could there possibly be?

The rules:
* You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Being unable to make mortgage payments for a two-million-dollar-vacation-home in Paris does not qualify as sincere financial need.)
* The nominee must reside in Northern Utah. Tell me who you know, what they're experiencing, and why they deserve my artwork. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.
* You must e-mail me the full story veronica@veronicareeve.com

The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve -- so spread the word and get nominating! I can't wait to read all of your entries!

1 comment:

Greg and London said...

Last years winner is a gorgeous woman-inside and out! What a great natural picture. You are so talented!