November 23, 2009

In search of light....

We are currently living at my mom's house. Her house is very, very, dark. It is surrounded by trees and just doesn't get much light...at all...at any time of the day. Very frustrating for a natural light photographer. Today, for about a half hour in the morning, I found some beautiful light coming in a hallway window. Oh, sweet light! Sophie was traipsing around the house in dress up, so I pulled her over. Moral of the story.....some people feel like they have no good light in their homes to take pictures. Wrong. Look around....the hall, the bathroom, the garage, light can be found. You just have to look for it. P.S. See post below for a photo class giveaway.



















7 comments:

~R~ said...

Oh my goodness! These are just beautiful! I say it every time- oh the lighting, the lighting. Your daughter is getting so big. This just looks like magic... pure bliss!

Family Valois said...

Oh my gosh, these are the most perfect pictures. The funny thing, to me, is that my hubs and I keep talking about how horribly bad lighting is in our home. It gets really really frustrating. We have been reading about lighting for the last couple of days and we are just stumped as to what we can do in out house. You now give me hope. But, you still have all the great lenses, you lucky duck!

Really, pictures are extraordinary!

Daniele in Denver!

Street Fam said...

I'm glad you find some great light!!! I love her big, brown eyes...so pretty!

JMKunz said...

I know you don't know who I am, but I had to say that I love the photos you were able to capture here. What beautiful compositions! I love the unique-ness of each picture!

Julia Shinkle said...

Awesome shots! I bet these just really made your day! So fun! She is so darling!

spoilerz6 said...

She is so adorable! These truly are my favorite kind of pics.

Stephanie said...

Love ALL of your work...but these. Oh my! What a beauty. Thank you for sharing your talent.