January 20, 2010

Exciting happenings...

So I'm surviving January so far. Does anyone else feel like January is the month that never ends? I've had some exciting things come up that have made it more bearable.

First: The house is coming along just peachy. The drywall is done and they are currently doing the finish work. My handy husband is laying tile in the bathrooms and the exterior is almost complete. I do believe there might be a light at the end of the tunnel (or in our case, dark basement).

Second: I am proud to announce that I have been asked to be a speaker at the upcoming Casual Blogger Conference put on by Mormon Mommy Blogs and LeeLou Blogs.

I'm Speaking at the CBC!

The conference will be held in Sandy, Utah on May 28th and 29th. It's going to be a really great blogging conference. Courtney Kendrick (a.k.a CJane) is going to be there, as well as many other wonderful woman. I will be teaching a class on Advanced Photography as well as participate in a Photoshop panel discussion with other photographers. I'd loooove to see you all there cheering me on (Veronica Reeve t-shirts, cow bells, and large #1 hands would be a nice surprise)...or you could come for a good laugh, or to possibly witness me faint in front of a large crowd from nervousness.

So spread the word via (insert your social networking of choice), mark your calendar, grab a few friends, book your babysitter, and let's all go! Girls day out! Woo hoo! Oh, and leave a comment here on this post if you are coming...I'd love to meet you if I haven't already.

And last but certainly not least: I'm super, super excited to attend a workshop from my tied-with-first-place-all-time-favorite-photographer Barb "Jinky" Uil from Australia. It's not until this summer, but it certainly has made my day/month/year/century and I would probably just BURST if I didn't mention it. I've been hoping and wishing for the day that she would come to the US to teach classes and I was able to snag a spot (1 of 700 people on her waiting list). Ooooo...I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

10 comments:

Machen family said...

Sounds like a fun time!

Marcy said...

How exciting Veronica! You will do fine, you witty gal! Sounds like a really fun conference.

Carly said...

Awesome Veronica! I would totally wear a Veronica T-shirt...

Mindy said...

Veronica! Yay for you! I've been anxiously awaiting for an advanced photography class! I will for sure be there!

Veronica Reeve said...

Thanks everyone! Mindy-I'm not sure what the definition of "Advanced" is right now...I'll post more info asap.

rychelle said...

wish i could be there, but i'll just be sure to wear my "veronica is #1" foam finger at home that day.

Kelly said...

Way to go! I know I had a famous friend--I will try to attend. I was thinking about painting my face with your name....or maybe I should go for full body paint?? What do you think!

Alisha said...

Ok, so I've been blog stalking you for quite a while now. I just love your photography! I am wondering what day your workshop will be and what time(cause I'm dying to come, but I'll be 8 1/2 months pregnant so don't know if I can last the entire two days or even one). I would love to meet you too!!

Freckles said...

I am so excited for you, what fun events to look forward too! I wanted to go to that workshop sooo bad, but it's not in the budget this year, maybe next time. Have a blast and you'll do just fine with your presentation, I know it!

Libby said...

Yay Veronica!! I'm bummed that I probably will still be out of commission come the end of May (with the little Miss that is). Maybe I could just bring her and paint her in a "Go Veronica" motif. Possibilities.

Also-yay for your workshop. Why didn't you tell me about it the other day?