September 20, 2014

Lilia's Room

So a while back we decided to finish a room for my oldest daughter Lili.  Upstairs at the end of the hall is a room that was originally meant to be a storage space, but somehow in the building process turned out to be a full sized, albeit oddly shaped, bedroom.  It is quite charming actually, with a window that looks out the back, and a little dormer window that looks out the front of the house.

I knew what I wanted, but I am no good at putting things together.

Enter:  Danielle Oakey

Danielle is amazing.  She has a beautiful, classic, simple, colorful style that is just what I wanted for this room.  I told her my budget, gave her an idea of what I like and don't like, and she took it from there.

So here is what she had to work with:

9 year old girl
Loves turquoise
Loves art
Great imagination/creative
...and that's it.

When Danielle got back to me with the concept for the bedroom and the pieces she picked out I was blown away.  It was like she read my mind when I didn't even know what I wanted.  Which doesn't even make sense now that I type it out.  But it's true.  She nailed it.

The room is not quite finish - we still have the finish work to do, built ins, a closet, window seat - minor details ;)  but we love love love it and are so pleased with Danielle and what she came up with.

 photo liliaroom7_zps0b60084e.jpg

 photo liliaroom6_zpsae1413af.jpg

 photo liliaroom3_zps6f29c690.jpg

 photo liliaroom5_zpseadeafd0.jpg

 photo liliaroom2_zps1034cf83.jpg

 photo liliaroom1_zpsa3af88bf.jpg

 photo liliaroom4_zps63ba3d89.jpg

No comments: